Eclipse SMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to Eclipse MC
Latest topics
» My name-a thrilling saga
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty10/30/2018, 2:22 pm by tjr1022

» Gl yv sfnzm rh gl hvvp gifgs zmw gl hvvp gifgs rh gl yv sfnzm
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty10/12/2015, 7:39 pm by Trubbish

» *pokes w/ stick
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty7/14/2015, 2:05 pm by Andesconin

» Kevo appreciation thread
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty7/13/2015, 6:50 pm by Trubbish

» whelp, prepare to be whelmed (DHS)
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty7/13/2015, 3:54 pm by Andesconin

» I don't know what this means
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/6/2015, 12:01 am by Trubbish

» Player Rank List
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/3/2015, 2:32 pm by Kevo235

» Banned Player Format
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/3/2015, 2:29 pm by Kevo235

» Ban Appeal Format
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» How to Report Rule Breakers
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» Moderator Application Format
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/2/2015, 10:03 pm by Kevo235

» Legend Application Format

» Warp Application Format

» Player Rank Descriptions
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/2/2015, 10:02 pm by Kevo235

» Eclipse SMP Rules
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/2/2015, 9:48 pm by Kevo235

» Donation Rewards
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty6/2/2015, 9:40 pm by Kevo235

» I'm back, peeps.
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty5/21/2015, 6:51 pm by helthmagazine

» Hello and a new start
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty4/21/2015, 9:20 am by tjr1022

» A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty3/2/2015, 1:16 am by monkyboy9

» Please Read By:Cena
A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty2/18/2015, 11:44 am by monkyboy9

Top posting users this month
No user

A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.

3 posters

Go down

A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.

Post by flomzilla 2/21/2015, 2:00 am

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anybody ever comes here anymore, I guess it doesn't really matter if anybody reads this, I just want put it somewhere and say what I'm going to say, then I'll be done over here again.

First off, some of you may remember me from my time on staff as an admin here toward the start of the server. I showed up on day 1, and I hope I contributed in some ways to the early growth of the community here. While I'm not proud of the decision I made to leave early in the life of the server, I'd still pop back on from time to time to say hello and such. For the past 6 or 7 months I guess I haven't really been a part of this community, and I really regret that. I wish I'd been able to get to meet you new players, I wish I'd been able to stay here and work my ass off to keep people coming back, I wish I'd been able to make some kind of a difference in the whole server going away thing.

I guess for me, and probably for a few others who have been here from the start and have been able to experience helping people to make new friends, form connections with one another and hopefully enjoy themselves on something we played a part in creating, Oasis Pixelmon wasn't just a Minecraft server hosted on some computer in some building somewhere. It was a community, formed by the hard work of some very dedicated and awesome people. Before Pixelmon started, I was another quiet kid in the Oasis community, happy to sit on teamspeak and occasionally talk to somebody for a few minutes.

Pixelmon came along at kind of a developmental stage for me (I'm a kid, I was a younger kid) and I was ecstatic on the third day of the server or so when I was told I could stay on board the team as one of the first moderators. Having something to do every day, that I could work hard on and affect others in a positive way was honestly a life changing experience for me. It seems silly to say something like that about a video game, but it's true. You guys were my friends when I didn't have many, you guys were what I looked forward to on a lot of days and stressed over on others. There was plenty of drama toward the onset, and at a point that just lead me to make kind of a rash (and looking back on it, stupid) decision to leave.

I don't really know what more to say on that note, so I'll get on to the reason I'm writing this. To everybody here who stayed with the community after myself and others left it behind, to everybody who came here and stayed for a while, and made this a really special place, to all the staff who worked as hard as they could, for no pay, out of the goodness of their hearts to manage this community, squash the bugs that arose with an increasingly poorly developed mod, and supported one another personally as well as with things on the server, I want to say thank you so much for everything you've done.

Most of all, I want to thank all the people here who accepted me despite my occasional douchyness, kept me on staff and taught me so many things, allowed me to help and do what I could, even when I didn't quite know what I was doing, became some of my best friends and made me the person I am. You know who you all are, and you're awesome people.

I'm really sad to see the server go, and I feel horrible about my not having been here to help with anything more. I think everyone wishes it hadn't ended in this way, and I personally wish I could go back to when I was a bigger part of all this. The community that was formed here should continue to exist on SMP, and if anybody's reading this who hasn't made the switch, I highly encourage you to get over there.

I feel sick typing this, (I guess I cared more than I thought)

Goodbye Oasis Pixelmon

-------

Ian

PS, I've been reading threads, and I want to ask everybody not to blame the staff members who worked so fucking hard not to see this day. If you need to blame somebody that would fall on the Pixelmon developers who kept horrible work ethic, used bad practice and invoked the end of a ton of communities like ours. The staff members are fucking great and I personally admire those of them who stuck it out to the end over here.
flomzilla
flomzilla

Back to top Go down

A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty Re: A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.

Post by Cenation97 2/21/2015, 10:42 am

This is touching flom. You were a great mod and probably still are. Keep doing what you're doing.
Cenation97
Cenation97

Back to top Go down

A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff. Empty Re: A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.

Post by monkyboy9 3/2/2015, 1:16 am

Best goodbye ever, better than mine xD
monkyboy9
monkyboy9
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down