Eclipse SMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to Eclipse MC
Latest topics
» My name-a thrilling saga
Server rollbacks Empty10/30/2018, 2:22 pm by tjr1022

» Gl yv sfnzm rh gl hvvp gifgs zmw gl hvvp gifgs rh gl yv sfnzm
Server rollbacks Empty10/12/2015, 7:39 pm by Trubbish

» *pokes w/ stick
Server rollbacks Empty7/14/2015, 2:05 pm by Andesconin

» Kevo appreciation thread
Server rollbacks Empty7/13/2015, 6:50 pm by Trubbish

» whelp, prepare to be whelmed (DHS)
Server rollbacks Empty7/13/2015, 3:54 pm by Andesconin

» I don't know what this means
Server rollbacks Empty6/6/2015, 12:01 am by Trubbish

» Player Rank List
Server rollbacks Empty6/3/2015, 2:32 pm by Kevo235

» Banned Player Format
Server rollbacks Empty6/3/2015, 2:29 pm by Kevo235

» Ban Appeal Format
Server rollbacks Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» How to Report Rule Breakers
Server rollbacks Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» Moderator Application Format
Server rollbacks Empty6/2/2015, 10:03 pm by Kevo235

» Legend Application Format

» Warp Application Format

» Player Rank Descriptions
Server rollbacks Empty6/2/2015, 10:02 pm by Kevo235

» Eclipse SMP Rules
Server rollbacks Empty6/2/2015, 9:48 pm by Kevo235

» Donation Rewards
Server rollbacks Empty6/2/2015, 9:40 pm by Kevo235

» I'm back, peeps.
Server rollbacks Empty5/21/2015, 6:51 pm by helthmagazine

» Hello and a new start
Server rollbacks Empty4/21/2015, 9:20 am by tjr1022

» A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.
Server rollbacks Empty3/2/2015, 1:16 am by monkyboy9

» Please Read By:Cena
Server rollbacks Empty2/18/2015, 11:44 am by monkyboy9

Top posting users this month
No user

Server rollbacks

2 posters

Go down

Server rollbacks Empty Server rollbacks

Post by LPTaboo 3/1/2014, 4:18 pm

There is a reason servers should save at least once a day. That is to prevent giant rollbacks of 5 days. The amount of work someone can put into your home, a gym, or just a build in general is limitless and can go to waste if it is all lost. On top of that it keeps the items you had in your inventory before the roll back which means you could have, like in my case, an enchanted item you got from enchanted books and random enchants and then put it in your chest for safe keeping. and then grab some temporary tools to build with or do landscaping. But because it doesn't roll back the inventory of the person they loose all the items they had at the point of were the server was rolled back too. With the pixelmon mod though it does roll back your pokemon, so all the EV training, all the bosses you fought, any pokemon you traded, all the lvling you did, and anything you caught is gone.

Now I'm not saying your server is bad, I'm not saying the admins are bad, maybe not the brightest but not bad, and I'm not saying rollbacks are a bad thing but you shouldn't have a backup made ever 5 days or once a week or what ever. At a minimum once a day is a good time to make server world back ups. This way you can prevent less angry users, less people trying to get what they lost in the shorter roll back, and an easier time for your admins.

I honestly don't want to be stuck in the position I was in a few minutes ago and I'm sure no one else wants to be,

I got on hoping to work more on the jungle around my treehouse. I find that my chest that was filled with leaves and wood was gone as well as the tools I made to work on the jungle. My enchanted silk touch pick was also gone and I couldn't find the book I used to give it said enchant either. And to make things worse a friend I made on the server, a user who I believe is named xxUNREGISTEREDxx gave me a flygon which is now gone, my servine is now a snivy and all the EV training I did on my solosis and zorua was a waste of time, EV training is never easy and with a mod like pixelmon it's all about luck with what you run into, even if your searching in the right biome.

What I said in the server earlier isn't really how I feel, everyone is great and this is a really good server for being non-whitelisted  but the rollback was so devastating to me because I did so much work within the last 5 days and I planned on expanding off what I did within those 5 days. I don't want to leave the server but I'm too discouraged to return for a while in the meantime I hope you don't take my words for the worst and see them as advice of making it so you make backups more often then just, 5 days.

Taboo signing out.
LPTaboo
LPTaboo

Back to top Go down

Server rollbacks Empty Re: Server rollbacks

Post by AquaticBlood 3/1/2014, 4:52 pm

You haven't been in our community long enough to judge how our people will react.
Also We do A backup every 12 hours, What you don't understand is that Our HOST, had the issue. not us, not our server, not our owners, and not our admins.
You come on here and assume to know what happened, if you read our post we are working our best to restore everything. I can read between the lines, You say you are not calling us a bad server or that our admins Are not that bright. but in reality you are.
You obviously didn't talk to a staff member or you would realize we can restore your things. You jumped to conclusions and rage quit like a 12 year old. If you remember correct , I was restoring your things. BUT you just said screw it and left. You wasted my time and then posted some asinine and ignorant comment, when you didn't even know what was going on.
If you do return, good on you. If not I hope you have a great time completely restarting on another server and having to redo everything over anyways.
AquaticBlood
AquaticBlood

http://eclipse-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LPTaboo 3/1/2014, 8:49 pm

Oh boy admin coming all offended just because really I was talking about him being the not so bright one.

obviously you don't read between the lines well enough or shouldn't try to. I DO like your server and IT IS a good server, maybe the admins not being too bright was a bad choice of words since I was a bit angered at the time and was sorta taking my anger of 1 particular admin,*cough* you *cough*, out on them all. I did ask for my pick back but admins did say they cant do that. As for the whole 12 year old tantrum never once did I try to jab out scream yell or act at all like a 12 year old in my typing in fact I tryed to calm down enough to say that. you say you were restoring it but you were restoring it to even further before the rollback when I even said in the server chat that I men't removing the trees around my home, you also continue to say I wasted your time, Sir you wasted my time by setting my home back even further. Further more judging people within a week is more then enough enough that I need to understand a person, you just simple need to understand some people can understand others better then you think but on top of that I meant someone in general and not just the people on your server.

Also now to really jab at your server, YOU SAY YOU MAKE 12 HOUR BACKUPS these backups are made to, Y'know, prevent such a large rollback and if you really did it you would use them.

I very well don't want to come back to the server and especially now that you cannot understand I was simply trying to point out something that could help.

I'm done here so you can rage to this all you want I honestly shouldn't even post this but I feel I should defend myself against a 21 year old who thinks understood what I was saying and has a tantrum just because I was just trying to make a suggestion.
LPTaboo
LPTaboo

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticBlood 3/1/2014, 9:35 pm

Well your opinion is appreciated and disregarded because you don't Understand what a restore is, you don't understand about server hosting. You don't understand how hard people work to give you a server to play on.

You obviously didn't Notice that i said the HOST, not us, Messed up. The Backups and many other things the happened before Wednesday were deleted.

You my sir are, one of those people. Who think they understand what they are talking about and think they understand a situation when they don't know the whole story.

goodbye from,
The Admin you jabbed at
AquaticBlood
AquaticBlood

http://eclipse-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down