Eclipse SMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to Eclipse MC
Latest topics
» My name-a thrilling saga
Please Read By:Cena Empty10/30/2018, 2:22 pm by tjr1022

» Gl yv sfnzm rh gl hvvp gifgs zmw gl hvvp gifgs rh gl yv sfnzm
Please Read By:Cena Empty10/12/2015, 7:39 pm by Trubbish

» *pokes w/ stick
Please Read By:Cena Empty7/14/2015, 2:05 pm by Andesconin

» Kevo appreciation thread
Please Read By:Cena Empty7/13/2015, 6:50 pm by Trubbish

» whelp, prepare to be whelmed (DHS)
Please Read By:Cena Empty7/13/2015, 3:54 pm by Andesconin

» I don't know what this means
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/6/2015, 12:01 am by Trubbish

» Player Rank List
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/3/2015, 2:32 pm by Kevo235

» Banned Player Format
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/3/2015, 2:29 pm by Kevo235

» Ban Appeal Format
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» How to Report Rule Breakers
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» Moderator Application Format
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/2/2015, 10:03 pm by Kevo235

» Legend Application Format

» Warp Application Format

» Player Rank Descriptions
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/2/2015, 10:02 pm by Kevo235

» Eclipse SMP Rules
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/2/2015, 9:48 pm by Kevo235

» Donation Rewards
Please Read By:Cena Empty6/2/2015, 9:40 pm by Kevo235

» I'm back, peeps.
Please Read By:Cena Empty5/21/2015, 6:51 pm by helthmagazine

» Hello and a new start
Please Read By:Cena Empty4/21/2015, 9:20 am by tjr1022

» A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.
Please Read By:Cena Empty3/2/2015, 1:16 am by monkyboy9

» Please Read By:Cena
Please Read By:Cena Empty2/18/2015, 11:44 am by monkyboy9

Top posting users this month
No user

Please Read By:Cena

+4
madscientist032
The_Scarlet_Rose
Paxination
Cenation97
8 posters

Go down

Please Read By:Cena Empty Please Read By:Cena

Post by Cenation97 1/15/2015, 5:01 pm

Ok so must of you all know me but if you don't, Hi my names Cena.  Ok now before you read this post I would like to tell you that I will not be using any names in specific or single any one person out.  Now the point of this post is to explain the reasons we, the community, believe the server could have been saved and more active.

The first reason is Lack of Entertainment.  Now back in the day the server used to have games and build offs pretty much ever other week which really kept peoples morales high and wanting to come back.  The Lack of Entertainment has turned many people away from this great server because there is simply nothing to do.  I have felt this many times but keep coming back to this heartwarming community that I have yet to experience on ANY other server.  

The next reason and probably most important is lack of active staff.  The lack of active staff REALLY hurt the server because everything the server does relies on staff.  I can remember about 3 mods who were active.  What I would have suggested is a staff reshuffle.  This means that all the older mods who didn't play anymore would have been lets say retired mods.  There are plenty of active people on the server still who are more than qualified to be mods and could help bring back the server.  I can only say this for myself but you would not believe how many times I've been asked to look at a grief and try to fix it but not being able to help because of no staff online.      

Now this paragraph is going to be all the smaller things that would have kept the population up on pixelmon.  Now the only person I am going to mention in this is myself.  I was on SMP yesterday having a pretty decent time when people started talking about pokemon.  I was really surprised to see the interest of pokemon on the SMP server.  I stayed there for about 45 minutes and If I missed it I'm sorry but I didn't see one advertisement about the pixelmon server.  If there were advertisements on SMP there would probably have been at least a couple of people transferring over.  The community on SMP is nothing what it is on pixelmon.  I was talking to a couple of people would just started on SMP from pixelmon and they had the same complaint I did.  "Every time I asked a question there would no response or answer."  When on pixelmon everyone was helping each other.  I would often get sick of seeing the phrase "wb" but when I played on SMP I never saw any greetings or anything of that sort.  I know I'm trashing SMP and I'm sorry about that but I must say what I see.  I have interviewed about 5 people on Pixelmon to help me come up with this and I will not disclose there names but they all have these complaints too.  Pixelmon is not dead it just lacks the entertainment needed to preserve the server and entertain its people.  During my hour of being on pixelmon last night there were 3 new people that joined so I believe that Pixelmon will never die.  Thank you for reading this and like I said this is not only my opinion but the opinion of others on behalf of pixelmon.  Thank You:D

If you have anything you would like to add post it in the comments thanks.-Cena
Cenation97
Cenation97

Back to top Go down

Please Read By:Cena Empty Re: Please Read By:Cena

Post by Paxination 1/15/2015, 7:32 pm

My only complaint about your post is that last paragraph. 45 mins on SMP isnt no where near enough to experience that community. Players on SMP are constantly "WB" when some one joins. And I see our players helping other players all the time. Same as do here on pixel. I have no idea who you interviewed, but you must have interviewed all new players that just joined this week, or the past couple days. Because that assumption is no where near accurate about our sister server SMP.

Not sure if you know it yet, but a good handful of the current pixelmon community that is active still STARTED ON SMP. In fact the original community that started Pixelmon came from SMP. That great attitude that you love so much of Pixelmon, came from SMP.

JS. 45 mins is shit. And you've spent more time on SMP than that.
Paxination
Paxination
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Scarlet_Rose 1/15/2015, 8:00 pm

I understand why the Pixelmon server is being shutdown, but I would like to comment. When I was on at least 3 new players joined Pixelmon. I dont know much about SMP because I haven played a lot on it. But the time I spent on there I just dint feel welcome. I know I haven't been playing for a long time but I was just adding some input. Ive asked questions before but it takes a bit for them to be answered maybe like 5-10 mins after I had asked them, but some of the time I have questions left unanswered. It would be nice to keep the Pixelmon server open, some of the people I did manage to talk to on SMP said "Theres a pixelmon server? Can I join?" But you know its being shut down. But It dosent seem like theres not alot of advertisement about the pixelmon server, from what I saw. If there was a staff shuffle like cena said then that could work but I dont think that would change the owners decisions.
The_Scarlet_Rose
The_Scarlet_Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 1/15/2015, 8:17 pm

A large portion of the reason why Pixelmon is closing is due to the wide range of plugin incompatibilities we've had ever since updating to Minecraft 1.7. Back in 1.6, we were free to do buildoffs and prophunts and everything else because all the plugins worked with the mod. Now? not so much. We can only host spleef matches and even then it's a bother.

We've tried doing tournaments month after month and we'd get one or two responses back from individuals who were interested, and having two players isn't really a tourney, it's just a battle.

And yes there is the final "not enough staff" thing. Here's the main problem with that.

If we don't have enough staff, we don't have enough players that could be staff that could help get more players into the server.

I did think about doing staff shuffling but it turned out to not be a good of an idea as expected (that's the short version).

All of these little things which myself and the staff have been trying to patch up since July (yes, July) have snowballed into this decision. I am really sorry. I really wish I could have keep this bad boy up for a month or two longer, but the fact of the matter is that we have a high turnaround ratio for our players and not enough players stay long-term like they do on SMP. Nobody knows about promotions even though we've spread the word out as best as possible. Nobody votes for us on any of the four voting sites found via /vote in-game. And if they do, they don't vote as much as they should.

We tried our best to advertise to the SMP community and to players who have never heard of Oasis SMP/Pixelmon ever before. We've been trying to do this ever since last January (2014) when the communities' interest in the mod and server as a whole began to decline. And we have failed. Hard.

There is nothing I can do at this point that justifies keeping the server up for an additional month or so. Perhaps if the plugins I mentioned earlier in this post were 100% compatible with the current Pixelmon mod (and if the mod itself actually had more STUFF with it every update instead of little things every freaking week it updated) then perhaps we wouldn't be here right now. Perhaps we'd be just as active and busy and great as SMP is right now.

But it's not. It's anything BUT that.

I have failed everybody and I am taking all the blame right now. I am sorry for letting you all down by making the decision to close this server, but I had no choice.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 1/15/2015, 8:32 pm

I'd like to reiterate on what Mad said about the mod and plugins. When we ran on 1.6, all the plugins we had ran fine side by side with the mod. After updating to 1.7 how ever it stopped. Multiverse inventories which is vital for Build-Off and any kind of game world would not work with the pixelmon mod. No matter what we did or try, it would not work. This is all due to poor programming choices from the pixelmon devs. My biggest complaint about the mod has always been the pixel devs. Any of my staff will vouch on that. They have made sooo many poor choices when it came to programming the mod that its unreal and its affected is in a great way. We are not the only pixelmon dedicated server that has closed or is damn near it. My staff has told us that the other big pixelmon servers that started around our time are now damn near defunct. So its not just us. Some things are beyond our control here, and they had a part in this as well.
Paxination
Paxination
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Trubbish 1/15/2015, 8:43 pm

Paxination wrote:My only complaint about your post is that last paragraph.  45 mins on SMP isnt no where near enough to experience that community.  Players on SMP are constantly "WB" when some one joins.  And I see our players helping other players all the time.  Same as do here on pixel.  I have no idea who you interviewed, but you must have interviewed all new players that just joined this week, or the past couple days.  Because that assumption is no where near accurate about our sister server SMP.

I don't normally post on pixelforums, but this^. That last paragraph is downright insulting.
Trubbish
Trubbish
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cenation97 1/15/2015, 9:02 pm

I appreciate the feedback from all of you really.  Just wanted to get some answers and speak my mind.  I now know more of why the server has to close and I appreciate all your guys previous work keeping the server up.  Thank you for the answers to the problems I had.  I am sorry if I offended some of you but I posted what I thought I knew.  Thanks for reading this+feedback
Cenation97
Cenation97

Back to top Go down

Post by daggerboy707 2/3/2015, 1:00 pm

"When on pixelmon everyone was helping each other.  I would often get sick of seeing the phrase "wb" but when I played on SMP I never saw any greetings or anything of that sort."

I can see where Cena is coming from here I logged on today there was no "wb"/ "weba". I went AFK to eat my dinner, when I came back no one said "wb"/"weba". When people joined or came back from AFK I said wb there was no thank you apart from, from HealthMagazine who got a "wb" from many people. from what I've seen people who are staff/ well known on the server are the only people who have been "wb"d by people.

~dagger pig

daggerboy707

Back to top Go down

Post by Trubbish 2/10/2015, 1:33 pm

Wow okay,
I am on SMP almost every single day and all I see is WBs constantly. I think it's really stupid to judge a server by wbs for the hour(?) you're on. Maybe people are busy doing their thing or building and don't feel like being your personal welcome comity every time you un-afk. I don't get WB'd every single time either but I'm not complaining about it and holding it against the server as a whole.
Trubbish
Trubbish
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by daggerboy707 2/12/2015, 2:07 pm

Lina_izumi4kona wrote: I don't get WB'd every single time either but I'm not complaining about it and holding it against the server as a whole.

Neither am I im just stating what I see every time i've logged onto the server.

daggerboy707

Back to top Go down

Post by Trubbish 2/16/2015, 9:23 pm

daggerboy707 wrote:
Lina_izumi4kona wrote: I don't get WB'd every single time either but I'm not complaining about it and holding it against the server as a whole.

Neither am I im just stating what I see every time i've logged onto the server.

Well.
Maybe you should log on and play the server a bit more before judging it.
Seeing as you have no block logs at all on SMP for the past 100 days.
Just saying.
Trubbish
Trubbish
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cenation97 2/17/2015, 7:14 am

Ok so the point of this post when I made it was to try to save the server. A lot of us realized the flaws we had and wanted to make a difference. No one meant to offend anyone or SMP at all. In all we all just wanted pixelmon back because its a great mod that we believe was not dying. Pixelmon was a great thing because survival gets boring which is why I'm really not on SMP that much.
Cenation97
Cenation97

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverSlayer198 2/18/2015, 10:54 am

The issue with your statement Cena is that the staff strongly believes it was not at all the community's fault. It is not at all why we, the staff as a whole, decided to close the server down. The decreasing community was but a fraction of the reason. And to contradict your statement again, we absolutely believe the mod is dead. We observed this because other popular servers, not just our own, were experiencing a huge decline in population. In addition to this, Pixelmon Developers were littering their mod with careless mistakes. With every new release it seemed like less plugins were compatible and more bugs were present. It quite simply was not worth dealing with.

I've said it many times when we closed, but I'll say it again. The Pixelmon Mod, at least for now, is dead.
SilverSlayer198
SilverSlayer198
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by monkyboy9 2/18/2015, 11:44 am

I'm gonna stop a possible trainwreck before it begins.

By the power invested in me, by those who have granted it...

TOPIC LOCKED!

Loveya'llbuttimetoletitdie
monkyboy9
monkyboy9
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down