Eclipse SMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate to Eclipse MC
Latest topics
» My name-a thrilling saga
Mad needs your help! Empty10/30/2018, 2:22 pm by tjr1022

» Gl yv sfnzm rh gl hvvp gifgs zmw gl hvvp gifgs rh gl yv sfnzm
Mad needs your help! Empty10/12/2015, 7:39 pm by Trubbish

» *pokes w/ stick
Mad needs your help! Empty7/14/2015, 2:05 pm by Andesconin

» Kevo appreciation thread
Mad needs your help! Empty7/13/2015, 6:50 pm by Trubbish

» whelp, prepare to be whelmed (DHS)
Mad needs your help! Empty7/13/2015, 3:54 pm by Andesconin

» I don't know what this means
Mad needs your help! Empty6/6/2015, 12:01 am by Trubbish

» Player Rank List
Mad needs your help! Empty6/3/2015, 2:32 pm by Kevo235

» Banned Player Format
Mad needs your help! Empty6/3/2015, 2:29 pm by Kevo235

» Ban Appeal Format
Mad needs your help! Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» How to Report Rule Breakers
Mad needs your help! Empty6/2/2015, 10:04 pm by Kevo235

» Moderator Application Format
Mad needs your help! Empty6/2/2015, 10:03 pm by Kevo235

» Legend Application Format

» Warp Application Format

» Player Rank Descriptions
Mad needs your help! Empty6/2/2015, 10:02 pm by Kevo235

» Eclipse SMP Rules
Mad needs your help! Empty6/2/2015, 9:48 pm by Kevo235

» Donation Rewards
Mad needs your help! Empty6/2/2015, 9:40 pm by Kevo235

» I'm back, peeps.
Mad needs your help! Empty5/21/2015, 6:51 pm by helthmagazine

» Hello and a new start
Mad needs your help! Empty4/21/2015, 9:20 am by tjr1022

» A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.
Mad needs your help! Empty3/2/2015, 1:16 am by monkyboy9

» Please Read By:Cena
Mad needs your help! Empty2/18/2015, 11:44 am by monkyboy9

Top posting users this month
No user

Mad needs your help!

+3
Weeneyhutjr
Cenation97
madscientist032
7 posters

Go down

Mad needs your help! Empty Mad needs your help!

Post by madscientist032 9/10/2014, 11:50 am

Hello everybody!

I am looking to get some feedback regarding the server description for both our MineStatus and MineServer voting sites! Right now our current description is a bit... well.. empty. It only has the bare essentials.

I'm looking for some feedback and suggestions that I should add to the description to make it more, well, descriptive!

This includes items such as "we have wondertrade! Riding enabled! Gym Leaders! Elite Four!" and the like.

All suggestions are welcome regardless of rank.  All players who participate will get three, yes THREE, PokeLoot chests of ULTRA Quality. I will most likely close this post by the end of the week or later, depending on the overall activity of this post.

The spoiler below contains the CURRENT (old) description. Please use for inspiration.

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!

All staff that read this please send me a PM so that I know you've read it. Also don't tell the other staff members.
madscientist032
madscientist032
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Mad needs your help! Empty Re: Mad needs your help!

Post by Cenation97 9/10/2014, 4:20 pm

Hello and Welcome to Oasis Pixelmon! We are a wonderful server for all of your wonderful pixelmon needs. Always getting your stuff stolen on other servers? Well here we have Deadbolt, a completely easy and reliable way of keeping your stuff safe because that's what matters! Oasis Pixelmon also carries CoreProtect so if you so happen to get griefed our friendly and helpful staff will roll the grief and everything will be back to the way it was suppose to be. Oasis Pixelmon has been known to have one of the best communities out there. Every time you join you will be welcomed by a bunch of other players. Just ask anything in the chat and someone will be there at your assistance. Oasis Pixelmon comes with all of your pokemon needs. From gym battles to the elite four anything you could ever want is just right in front of you! There are also other games throughout the month that happen. Examples are different variations of spleef, buildoffs, POKEMON TOURNAMENTS and many others. What also makes Oasis Pixelmon a great server is it isn't one of those pay for a rank servers. On the first Saturday of each month you could get a promotion for just your time and helpfulness on the server. All you have to do is type the server IP in and come and have a blast of a time!

(I really didn't know what to write so I just put this down. If you want anything just take what you need.)Smile
Cenation97
Cenation97

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 9/10/2014, 8:44 pm

Cenation97 wrote:(I really didn't know what to write so I just put this down.  If you want anything just take what you need.)Smile

This is a great submission! Not exactly what I was going for, but I'll definitely use parts of your submission for the final piece! I will distribute your PokeLoot chests in-game the next time I see you.

Keep them coming!
madscientist032
madscientist032
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeneyhutjr 9/10/2014, 8:45 pm

Welcome to Oasis Pixelmon!!!. You may be wondering what sets us apart from all the rest of the Pixelmon servers out there, but the members and staff here can guarantee there is non like Oasis. Our name perfectly describes us! We provide a home away from home and make your playing experience as fun as possible with many activities to participate in on the side like different versions of spleef, build off competitions, real life gym leaders, a chance to battle the elite four, Pixelmon tournaments, and even just making new friends! For optimal playing experience, we provide protection for your possessions by using DeadBolt which allows you to lock certain things, and also CoreProtect so we can roll back those pesky griefs. Not only will you have the time of your life, you will have the chance to climb ranks in Oasis in a different way than most. Just being a trustful and enthusiastic player gets you everywhere here! We do not believe in Pay-to-Play servers and will always appreciate new guests! You will not only be playing with friends here, but you will create a family, as we are known to have a fantastic community of players who will welcome every new guest with open arms. Now open your eyes to a new wonderful world of pixelmon at pixelmon.oasis-mc.us !

Weeneyhutjr

Back to top Go down

Post by LordTomenon 9/10/2014, 10:18 pm

I don't have the time to write out a full-on paragraph, but I'll throw in a few words.

I would suggest emphasizing the family part of Oasis, for example, "Oasis is a server that relies on the strength of the community and how everyone gets along. The players make the server come alive, without them, the server is a place of little entertainment."

I would like to see a sentence on the easy-to-follow rules, for example, "We will not overtax you with a boring, extensive list of rules, yet a short list that will maximize your entertainment and keep the other players' enjoyment high as well."

I love Weeney's sentence on how we are not Pay-to-Play, but rather Free-to-Play. This and other suggestions would look great.

LordTomenon

Back to top Go down

Post by JOYBOOM 9/11/2014, 11:45 am

I don't have too many ideas but one I had was talking about one thing that makes a server great is the community. Oasis is a family and all are welcome to make this family more diverse and amazing.
JOYBOOM
JOYBOOM

Back to top Go down

Post by Pjpokemon27 9/14/2014, 5:03 pm

Things you could add to the description is Tournaments every month, or super exciting and challenging gym battles. I wouldn't put anything related to the E4 because it isn't even out yet.
Pjpokemon27
Pjpokemon27

Back to top Go down

Post by Swijio 9/14/2014, 9:56 pm

Mention how the server is regularly updated to accommodate the latest pixelmon upgrade, and is full of nice people and helpful and ready staff

Swijio

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 9/15/2014, 9:42 am

Okay so far this is what I've done.

I have issued the pokeloot chests to only weenyhutjr in-game. I will be handing out the loot later tonight to the other participants around 7pm eastern. If you are not online, don't worry - I will make a PRIVATE warp that you (and only you) can access. The warp details will be mailed to you in-game.

I will reply in a few hours with the new and improved Minestatus description. I want to thank you all for your help with this!
madscientist032
madscientist032
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum