4/21/2015, 9:20 am by tjr1022

» A Belated Goodbye, and Other Stuff.
3/2/2015, 1:16 am by monkyboy9

» Please Read By:Cena
2/18/2015, 11:44 am by monkyboy9

» Thanks for the good times
2/13/2015, 10:36 am by firemantim

Top posting users this month

Public Service Announcement (Please read)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Public Service Announcement (Please read)

Post by madscientist032 on 1/16/2014, 12:33 pm

Ok guys, here's the deal about the server update.

First things first. There is a bukkitforge version of 1.7.2 available for us to use. It became available (as far as I know) yesterday. HOWEVER, I have chosen to wait until Pixelmon has been updated to version 3.0. My reasons are simple.

We are upgrading our host to a brand-new one, and because of the major differences in code between Minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.7.2, we will be resetting the map. In addition, it has been determined that everybody's pixelmon teams will also be reset, due to potential incompatibility issues between Pixelmon v2.5.7 and v3.0.

However player ranks (including donator ranks, more on that later) will NOT be reset. Money has a 50/50 chance of being reset. I cannot guarantee that everybody's money (including staff money) will transfer over properly.

So what does this mean for you guys as the community and players? It means this:

• ALL player-related info will be deleted (/homes, inventory, chest contents, etc)
  • Your rank and prefixes will stay the same and you won't lose them
  • Your commands will stay the same and you won't lose them
  • All /warps will be removed
  • Factions may or may not be removed (we haven't decided yet)
  • The map will be reset and a new one will be generated (due to the new terrain generation code in 1.7.2)
  • Any players banned on 1.6.4 will continue to stay banned once we upgrade to 1.7.2
  • The server upgrade will help reduce lag AND will allow us to have more players online at the same time

The biggest part about this announcement is that these map resets and server upgrades are imperative for us. The current map has been running since late October and our current server host isn't as powerful as Pax and I originally thought. By upgrading the host and starting with a new map, we can better enjoy MC 1.7.2 and Pixelmon 3.0 with all of our friends.

Now one of the biggest things I've noticed about these "server resets" is that the amount of players who play after a reset is announced drops significantly. This is due to a bunch of reasons. The biggest one is that they don't want to do something and spend time on it only to have all their time and effort wasted. So I am here to announce that as of today (January 16th, 2014), we will (hopefully) performing the server reset by the end of this month at the earliest. It is for this very reason that I inform you all that all donators (especially those who donate between today and the date that we actually perform the server reset) will be refunded ALL their coupons when we update to MC 1.7.2 and Pixelmon 3.0. This means that if you donated before we do the server reset, the staff will issue all coupons to donators. At the current moment it is unclear if we will continue to do this for future updates and server resets, but for the time being all donators will be re-issued their coupons once we update the server.

With all this being said, this topic is now open for discussion for both players and staff members.

Last edited by madscientist032 on 4/10/2014, 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
madscientist032
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Public Service Announcement (Please read)

Post by SilverSlayer198 on 2/5/2014, 7:39 am

Although I'm sure mad appreciates your advice, we are resetting, and it will happen. I understand your dissatisfaction, however, resetting the map and player items gives the opportunity for many new ideas, buildings, and a whole plethora of new ideas. We're going to have a whole new league, which gives players who have already beat the current one something to work for. Also try to remember that even though the map and inventories are resetting, the friendly people on the server are there to stay. With all of this in mind, I encourage not only you, but all the players considering leaving the server after this reset to rethink their decisions and stay.
SilverSlayer198
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 2/5/2014, 3:29 pm

O ye of little faith. You all sound like little children, complaining about losing some pokemon. If you're that upset by losing some virtual shit, we're better off without you.
mickdude2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverSlayer198 on 2/5/2014, 4:46 pm

Guys, let's not make this an argument. I'm just trying to get you all to realize that the things on the server don't matter. I can't make you stay, but I can try to encourage you.
SilverSlayer198
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticBlood on 2/5/2014, 5:28 pm

mickdude2 wrote:O ye of little faith. You all sound like little children, complaining about losing some pokemon. If you're that upset by losing some virtual shit, we're better off without you.

We respect all of our community and respect all there decisions. Just because They do not agree with a certain decision of ours doesn't mean we turn our backs on them. If they so wish to leave our server may I remind them that they will have to restart on another server all over again anyways. We do not restart for every update only ones with massive amounts of new features. With the introduction of new biomes, pokemon and mini-quest . we need to regenerate a whole new map to accommodate theses changes and to be able to give you the whole experience. With the new update we are adding alot of new features, New gym, events and hopefully new minigames.
AquaticBlood

View user profile http://eclipse-smp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverSlayer198 on 2/5/2014, 6:00 pm

I agree with Aquatic in that I understand if people do not want to continue on the server. And, to answer your question Dynasty, I play on the server because of the awesome people there, not for the stuff I have. I'm sorry if my opinion doesn't match yours, but either way, I respect your decision.
SilverSlayer198
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 2/5/2014, 6:11 pm

Dynasty wrote:Furthermore, to offer a solution to the above, the Mods are able to spawn Pokémon and items to replace those lost whenever need be. So why not have a form players can fill out on the forums to replace a certain number of things lost. It really wouldn't be that difficult and people could then have things they put lots of effort into returned to them.

First off, it would require too much work for staff to do this.  I my self wouldnt want to do this unless some one was paying me to do this.  The givepokemon command spits out randomized levels of pokemon, mostly lower levels.  So once again your back to square 1.  You will still have to work to build them up.  Ah.....wait for it....WAIT FOR IT..... I KNOW YOUR NEXT COMMENT ABOUT THAT ALL READY!  No not gonna spawn any thing for you to quickly build them up.  Once again, ITS MORE WORK!  If I asked all of my staff to do this, we would have to shut down, because I would feel so bad about them working THAT HARD, that I would literally have to pay them from the donations paypal for all their efforts ON TOP OF the hard work they already put in to this server.

Map resets are an integral part of MC.  It keeps things fresh.  We have a saying on the SMP server.... FRESH MAP = FRESH IDEAS!

That being said....now time for the [rant]

Is your life that boring or structured to your will that have to have and/or get every little thing you want or else you go stomping off like a little 12?  A real individual with real spirit would see this as an opportunity and seize it.  Really?  Complaining about losing what you have progressed here.  Wanna guess how many map resets I have been through on our SMP server?  I cant count that high.  And I am thankful for each one because by the time we reset, I was getting board my self.  I like to see new maps because they bring NEW IDEAS!
[/rant]

You know how many long time players have raged about losing their stuff on smp and said they would not come back?  I lost count after the first map reset.  Some of them even adults.  YES ADULTS!  RAGING LIKE LIL UNSTRUCTURED CHILDREN!  You wont just stop playing the pixelmon mod just like that.  You'll go back, they all do, you might not come back to Oasis, but you'll go back.  What ever it was the brought you to it, will bring you back again.  Either in singleplayer mode, or you'll get on Oasis or find another one.  But I guarantee you will play again.

Oasis, either SMP or PIXELMON, has always been largely community based. We all know each other. We talk to each other. We are here for each other. That is what a community is all about. Something you apparently know nothing about. Good luck in finding a new one! Communities like ours is hard to find.
Paxination
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverSlayer198 on 2/5/2014, 6:22 pm

Zardei, you aren't changing anyone's decisions. Clearly you didn't read any of what Pax just said.
SilverSlayer198
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 2/5/2014, 6:57 pm

Still a lot of work that im not asking my staff to do as they already VOLUNTEER there time on the server.

He's asking for us to replace everyones pokemon and their items.

We have about 30 players get on nightly now.  Give or take, some days more, some less.  Assuming he's talking about just the main pokemon in your belt, which he didnt state, so I'm sure the number will be higher, thats 180 pokemon.  AT THE LEAST.  Now this is only counting the same 30 players that get on each day.  The number is much higher.  Probably about 50-60 individual players that get on during the week, but not every single day.  So we are looking at 300-360 pokemon to give out.  60 is a higher estimate, and 50 is probably closer than 60.  Then we have the items he's asking for.  God can only tell what list of items players are gonna put on that list.  That list alone in just a couple players will dwarf the pokemon list.  Not to mention there is no way to tell the legitimacy of the item list.  Even a screen shot could lie.  How will we know if some one let you barrow items from their chest for a screen shot so you could rack out?  Same thing with pokemon!  You could have traded with some one temporarily so you both could get kick ass pokemon in the next map.  There is no way to prove 100% with out a doubt that the pokemon/items you have ARE yours.

FIVE MINUTES! PER PLAYER MAYBE! LOL....And it would take more than 5 mins. We would have to goto the forums, search for your name. Look over your list. And then we would have to judge from the list if its even LEGIT. Which I am sure some of you will be honest but there are gonna be dishonest players out there. So we will have to gauge each one and decide from there. Then typing out the command for pokemon, 6 times, and then the money command. Your probably looking at 10-15. You do know most the staff are teenagers in school right? Who have homework, and maybe a job too. And after school activities.

Maybe you should try starting your own mc server and see how much REAL work is put in to one?

Dynasty wrote:Well I just heard about this, and personally, I'll be one of the many probable people leaving the server if this happens.

IMHO, sounds like a 12 to me.

And if I didnt care, we would have reset a long time ago. But we went out of our way and dissected the mod to find all the info for everyones pokemon so there wouldnt be a reset then. But hey, apparently we dont care. Noooo....we dont spend hours of our time patrolling the server and banning players, and kicking them to protect it. Nooo, not at all. And god forbid all the events we as staff try to plan to keep things interesting.

NOT TO MENTION THE TIME I PERSONALLY SPEND ON HERE TO MAKE SURE YOU BRATS ARE TAKEN CARE OF INSTEAD OF SPENDING MORE TIME WITH MY CANCER STRICKEN WIFE! IF IT WASNT FOR THE COMMUNITY HERE, I WOULD HAVE LEFT A LONG TIME AGO. BUT THE COMMUNITY HAS GIVEN SO MUCH TO US! SO I DO AS MUCH AS I PHYSICALLY CAN FOR THE FUCKING SERVER!

http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t16118-susan-g-komen-breast-cancer-awareness-day

http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t15998-my-wifes-surgery-with-spazztastic-tittiesprinkles

http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t15930-update-on-pax-s-wife-electric-boogaloo

http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t15783-update-on-my-wifes-battleplot-twist

Next time, dont tell me I DONT CARE!
Paxination
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 2/5/2014, 8:49 pm

Dynasty wrote:You could have just replied calmly and logically, stating why you think it would be too much effort

I did,

Pax wrote:First off, it would require too much work for staff to do this.  I my self wouldnt want to do this unless some one was paying me to do this.  The givepokemon command spits out randomized levels of pokemon, mostly lower levels.  So once again your back to square 1.  You will still have to work to build them up.  Ah.....wait for it....WAIT FOR IT..... I KNOW YOUR NEXT COMMENT ABOUT THAT ALL READY!  No not gonna spawn any thing for you to quickly build them up.  Once again, ITS MORE WORK!  If I asked all of my staff to do this, we would have to shut down, because I would feel so bad about them working THAT HARD, that I would literally have to pay them from the donations paypal for all their efforts ON TOP OF the hard work they already put in to this server.

Dynasty wrote:It really goes to show just how much you say you care about the community when you belittle people with legitimate grievances which they bring to the attention of said community.

If you think losing all your work is a legitimate GRIEVANCE, then I have a LEGITIMATE GREIVANCE for being her arguing with you over this instead of tending to my sick wife, but hey what ever.  Remember, I dont care!  Right?

Dynasty wrote:I met many people on the servers, and enjoyed my time conversing with them while I played, but if people such as yourself are lurking in the background to constantly throw out stereotypes and names, then I don't want to be apart of it any longer.

Your the stereotype.

Dynasty wrote:Well I just heard about this, and personally, I'll be one of the many probable people leaving the server if this happens.
HERE and ...

Dynasty wrote:But if its too much of a hassle to ask you to spend basically 5 minutes of your time versus the 50+ hours it would take of my own, then just forget I said anything and continue to have people leave the server after they find out about what's happened and discover that you don't care.
HERE.

Yeah the name calling was a bit much but hey, im just calling it how I see it.  Your gonna STOMP OFF IN A FIT because your losing your stuff.  Because we refuse to replace everything.  My point, apparently you dont appreciate the server and her staff enough to realize theres more to it than just STUFF.  Apparently all that is important to you is YOUR STUFF, and not the community.  Turn your back on the community, thats what I see you doing.

Dynasty wrote:and then continue on to talk about your personal life to act as if I was constituting a direct attack against you and your efforts

Continue on to talk about my personal life?  First time i've brough it up in this conversation.  And, you did directly attack me and my efforts.....

Dynasty wrote:and discover that you don't care.

And my personal life plays a big part on this server.  It dictates how much time I have each day to work on plugin dev and maintaining the server and paying the bills and making sure its staffed and that my staff are doing their jobs at a satisfactory level.  If I manage to get all this done and then some in the little amount of time I have.  Then yeah, my personal life plays a big part.

Dynasty wrote:Like the above, if all the things on the server matter nothing to you, then why do you yourself play on it? Another hypocritical statement. Maybe you too should leave as well as there is obviously nothing for you anyways. On the other hand though, if you're saying you enjoy starting over again every time the server should decide to update, then just pretend that it updates every day so you have to get rid of everything you have at the end of the day. See how fun that will be. It's basically a waste of time.

To him its more than just STUFF!  Its the community to him.  Your really sounding like an ass here early on before I even started on you.

Dynasty wrote:@AquaticBlood: I won't be starting over on another server, I will just stop playing Pixelmon altogether.

I myself enjoy having all my Pokémon and battling with them. If they are all taken away, then there goes my incentive to play on the server. Why should I have to re-find, re-catch, and retrain every Pokémon I had before? Once was enough.

Once again, the "IM TAKING MY BALLS AND GOING HOME" stereotype.  You've pointed this out several times.  Made it very clear.  Its a 12 attitude.  I dont see how you dont see it!

Dynasty wrote:It would not be of great difficulty at all and would appear to be (in my eyes at least) a logical step to ensure continued participation of myself, as well as others, on the server. To do nothing, provide no reimbursement, and just have everyone restart, will cause many of your regulars to leave.

Yeah it would be, once again, you should try to start your own, with a big player base and try to refund them everything their losing.  You dont seem to get it.  EVERYONE is in the same boat.  There are staff that have legit teams that they worked hard on.  And guess what, they are losing them too.  Do you see them pitching a fit?  I can vouch, they arent.

Not to mention you couldnt be any more way off about the "will cause many of your regulars to leave".  We hear this every map reset.  Both servers.  IF YOU RESET IM LEAVING.  Had a really big figure in the SMP community say he was leaving if money got reset.  Over IN GAME MONEY!  Guess what, he came back.  Like I keep sayings, COMMUNITY!  Something your apparently not apart of or care to be apart of ever.

But hey, I dont care! Right? Your loss.

Dynasty wrote:Thanks for continuing to insult me and anyone who might actually be around 12 years of age, which is probably most of the people playing on the server mind you.

Know your meme's.....

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/12-year-olds

Everyone here knows im referring to the meme.
Paxination
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverSlayer198 on 2/5/2014, 9:17 pm

Paxination wrote:To him its more than just STUFF!  Its the community to him.  Your really sounding like an ass here early on before I even started on you.
Thanks for backing me up here Pax. This is exactly what I meant. Sadly, this person can't seem to understand the idea other people's lives. I also really hope your wife gets better soon, and I would like to thank you for all the time you put in to Oasis despite your struggles.
SilverSlayer198
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 2/5/2014, 9:25 pm

SilverSlayer198 wrote:
Paxination wrote:To him its more than just STUFF!  Its the community to him.  Your really sounding like an ass here early on before I even started on you.
Thanks for backing me up here Pax. This is exactly what I meant. Sadly, this person can't seem to understand the idea other people's lives. I also really hope your wife gets better soon, and I would like to thank you for all the time you put in to Oasis despite your struggles.

Thanks Silver. Glad some one appreciates OUR hard work. We put in more work than any one, and he wants to complain about 50+ hours? I put that much in, in a week, between both servers. If not more. Either way im done here. If he wants to rage like a 12 and leave over material items then his materialist attitude can go with him.

THIS IS TO YOU DYNASTY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSUOFgj97M
Paxination
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 2/5/2014, 11:09 pm

Never said I didnt. He came on claiming that I dont care. Yeah he hit a nerve when he went there. You do NOT tell me that I dont care. EVER!

Point being, all he cares about is his stuff. Thats it. Its all about him. If he loses it, he's leaving.

The whole "if I lost my stuff, im leaving and not playing the mod at all" is a typicalistic 12 internet meme attitude. Not the type of regular I want on my server anyways.

I want players that WANT to be part of the community. To help us THRIVE! Something he's not obviously interested in.

I know im showing my ass! I admit that. He pissed me off with the "Dont care" comment. The hard work and determination I put in to the server and he wants to say that I dont care about the players in any way, shape or form? Yeah, im pissed and he can take that attitude off of my server. We work hard enough to keep it running and keep trash off of it. And now he's basically demanding us to give him his stuff or he's leaving. *Using STUFF loosly* And yeah its basically demanding - "Well I just heard about this, and personally, I'll be one of the many probable people leaving the server if this happens" Loosely translate = My stuff or I leave.

Dynasty wrote:I myself enjoy having all my Pokémon and battling with them. If they are all taken away, then there goes my incentive to play on the server. Why should I have to re-find, re-catch, and retrain every Pokémon I had before? Once was enough.

Then there is this. I you cant really tell me that you did not believe at all in the time you have been on the server and saw all the new stuff in mc being added that would force map resets that you didnt believe that would happen to the Pixelmon mod?

If losing everything like that is bothering you that much, go get a DS and buy the game.
Paxination
Owner
Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pikapika42 on 2/6/2014, 11:33 am

i kind of agree with zardel. you dont need to be so rude, it does not matter what you think about someone you still dont need to be rude and tell him your negative opinion ok? and still zardel im sorry about your problems but you still cant be rude also. please both of you make up stop fighting. Sad
pikapika42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next